Friday, December 03, 2010

MJF Christmas Apron Swap

Made this cutie for Patricia, who collects snowmen and has a red and white kitchen. I searched hgh and low for red and white snowman fabric at my local store, but to no avail. I think that's OK, as this will give that kitchen some festive contrast. Besides, this is one of those nice vintage calicos that are much sturdier than the ones made these days, yet still has a nice drape and isn't too stiff like the lighter home dec fabrics often used for aprons:

XmasApronSwap2010

And here's a close-up of the pocket corner so you can see those cutie patootie snowmen better:

SnowmanCLoseup

And yes, ahem, I AM aware that I am making a boat load of posts today. I do not seem to be able to get on regularly with my schedule and all, so I am doing what I can do. I rather do group postings, blocking each topic into another post, than not post at all. I also find that sometimes I am ready to post, pics are all ready and everything, but I am waiting to make sure a recipient has received their giftie before I make it public. By the time I know it has been received, I forget to post!! So bear with me and my feast or famine postings.

No comments: