Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Best Laid Plans

Aw, phooey! My knitting seems to have taken a spring break as of late. Of course, that would happen right after I start this blog and all. I just can't seem to find the time to get anything done lately. Yesterday we finished our yearly inventory at the store where I work, so maybe now I can get some personal work done. I did finish one of my Easter socks, but I am unhappy with the fit. This is my first fingerling weight sock and I think I need to start with more stitches at this guage. It is wearable but would be much nicer a bit bigger, so I am in the process of experimenting. The leg and ankle feel fine but the foot is too snug. I am undecided as to whether if I make the leg a big looser, if it will still fit well there. So, I doubt if the second sock will get done for Easter. Easter, which is in five days. Gulp. Which is just as well, as I am not doing the big family gathering this year. Instead, my guy and his son and I are probably going to cook a small homey meal for ourselves and just kick back and enjoy the day. Won't be conventional Easter fare, either, there's been talk of my Swedish meatballs LOL. Maybe I'll get in some knitting while they watch whatever game is on the tube.

As for the Irish Hiking scarf, I did get the additional Karaoke yarn in record time. I can highly recommend the Yarn Grove. Besides my two skeins of yarn, I received two free patterns and swatches to all the yarns they carry. Excellent customer service! Unfortunately, I really haven't picked up the scarf since I got the yarn. I have the next two days off work and am starting to question...do I work on organizing my craft stuff from my move or do I knit? Sigh. Sometimes it's hard being a grown up.

The one thing I did do this last week was to go to see Wicked at the Oriental Theater in downtown Chicago. Simply magical. And since I work for a bunch of flying monkeys, I could relate. The costuming and scenery were fantastic, true eye candy. It was a birthday present from my aunt, who spent a good part of a week online last November before acquiring tickets at a reasonable price. Thanks, auntie! It was the best.

No comments: