Sunday, May 14, 2006

Scarf Stuff

This last month I have spent more time in stash enhancement than I have knitting. The Irish Hiking scarf is finished - woo hoo! My dear father tried to claim it but I patiently explained that there was no way he's ever going to get it. From the beginning, I knew this one would be for me. I was surprised he thought the jewel tones were masculine, I never would have picked that yarn for a guy. I may even get more of that yarn if he really wants it enough, but I think everyone else will assume he borrowed it from a lady friend!

Since this one went so well, I have started yet another scarf from Hello Yarns, the Besotted Scarf. Needless to say, this one is going to my guy. I am using a yarn that my beloved has been eying fondly, a wool/alpaca blend imported by Joseph Galler labelled Musarde. It is a bit fuzzy but the pattern does still show...I've only done a couple pattern repeats and am going to show it to aforementioned beloved to see what he thinks. His scarf, his choice. Perhaps I will change the pattern but still use the yarn he likes so much.
The so-called Easter sock hasn't faired so well. I finished the first sock only to decide that it really was too tight. I have weird feet and why add to the problem? It was painful, but I frogged back to the heel flap. I have finished the heel, making fewer decreases. The leg fitted fine so there was no need to frog that. But I need a wider foot. I figure that getting this right will give me the formula I need to make more great fitting socks in my future. Still, it was discouraging, so I haven't gotten much done. I will be returning to that this week.

Since I really don't have much to report knitting wise, let me entertain you with tales of my stash enhancement. That is where my time has been going these days. So, this week I will make several entries showing you all the goodies I have been getting!

No comments: