Friday, March 31, 2006

Karaoke Conundrums

Well, the Irish Hiking scarf is definately a quick knit, don't know why I believed that cables would be some sort of challenge, and everyone is just bowed over by the beautiful Karaoke yarn. Problem is, that durn cable pattern is eating up all my yarn! I had three skeins and I am sorry, but that just ain't enough. To make matters worse, when starting a new skein, I lose a significant amount of yarn getting the colors to flow properly. Arrrggg. I like most of my scarves shorter than is fashionable now, but this one I think I'll make longer than my usual. Ah, live and learn. Of course, after calling nearly every yarn store in the greater Chicago area, I cannot find anyone who has this in stock. So, in the wee hours of the night/morn, I got online and searched for some more. I ended up buying not one but two more skeins online from the Yarn Grove. So far I am impressed -- 25 cents less than anyone else per skein and free shipping in the US. And, they already shipped it out, less than 12 hours after my order. So, no finished project here. Yet. But when it gets here, I'll get it done quickly. Really. No, I promise!

So, it's back to the Easter socks for me. I'm running out of time.....ah, to be a stay at home housewife......wish I could just not go to work. Rather be at home knitting!! And I work in a craft store LOL!

2 comments:

cathych said...

well, you are a braver soul than me, making socks! Your blog is lovely, stop by & visit mine sometime!

Dorice Watercolours said...

Catherine,

I never knew you had such a well developed and interesting blog! You must post this in TPE!

I'll have to spend a bit of time exploring here. :)

Regards,
Doris