Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Woo-hoo for Socks!!

All I can say is, "Wow!" Yesterday I got in the mail not one but two packages of sock yarn. The first package was my first ever skein of Opal, in the brand new Petticoat line. I love it! Very soft and pretty colors. Lookie here:


The second package contained yarns for 10 different pairs of socks from KnitPicks:

There are some beauties in here. I got Dancing in Tap, Swing, and Jig. That's a great cotton/wool/nylon/elastic blend. These yarns are eventually being discontinued, so I wanted to get my share before that happens. Everything else is merino wool. I got Sock Garden in Hollyberry and Daffodil. I think the Hollyberry will make amazing Christmas socks. I also got Memories in Rocky Mountain Dusk and Fly Fishing. Purples and greens are among my favorite color schemes, so these will be fun to knit up. I bought a skein of black Essentials (superwash with nylon) to use in a mosaic pattern with a skein of Lorna's Laces Shepard's Sock in Bittersweet that I already have. Lastly, I got two skeins of the Color Your Own (not pictured) so I can further experiment with KoolAid dying. I've dyed solids with KoolAid, but next I want to try handpainting my own varigated colorways. Looks like I have many sock knitting days ahead of me!!!

No comments: